On Sunday March 4th 2017, Politico broke the news that a new travel ban executive order is likely to be signed on Monday March 6th 2017. Here is the link. Details of the order are not available yet. However, readers should take note of the following:
- If you are currently traveling outside the US, you should return immediately, esp. if you are one of the following:
- If you are from one of the 7 countries listed in the original executive order;
- If you are from a Muslim majority country – as we do not know if the country list will be expanded.
- If you are a visa holder;
- Though legal permanent resident residents will likely be excluded from a new executive order, I think people should be cautious and not face the risk of trouble at the airports.
- Ensure you know about Airport Lawyer. www.AirportLawyer.org.
- Airport Lawyer will connect passengers at US airports with volunteer immigration lawyers.
- Please share the website as widely as you can.
Feel free to ask questions and be safe!